Higher test coverage with lower work load
test automation based on computer chess principles
TestWeaver is a tool for automated validation of simulated systems. TestWeaver generates, runs and evaluates thousands of tests automatically. Each test is a sequence of inputs over time, automatically performed using simulation. TestWeaver generates the tests in a reactive, informed way, trying learn the system behavior from the results of the past simulations, in order to increase state coverage and to actively worsen sub-optimal scenarios until the system behavior is really bad, i.e. a bug or a design flaw has been found. TestWeaver also supports classical test automation methods, based on:
- interactive recording and replay of scenarios
- user-defined test scripts, for instance with Python.
- Fast development: early problem detection
- High test coverage: thousands of high-quality tests
- Low work load: more automation, less scripting
TestWeaver is in use for software development at Mercedes-Benz, AMG, Bosch, SAIC, ZF and others.
More on TestWeaver
- Frequently Asked Questions about TestWeaver.
- TestWeaver 3.2 datasheet (2 pages, English)
- PDF, 389 KB Mugur Tatar, Jakob Mauss: Systematic Test and Validation of Complex Embedded Systems. Embedded Real Time Software and Systems (ERTS 2014), Toulouse, France, 5-7.02.2014.
- PDF, 360 KB Junghanns, Mauss, Tatar: TestWeaver - Test automation based on Computer Chess Principles. 7th International CTI Symposium Innovative Automotive Transmissions, Berlin, 2 - 3.12.2008.
- PDF, 383 KB Gäfvert et al.: Simulation-Based Automated Verification of Safety-Critical Chassis-Control Systems. 9th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control (AVEC2008), Kobe, Japan, 6. - 9.10.2008.
- PDF, 282 KB Junghanns, Mauss, Tatar: TestWeaver - A Tool for Simulation-based Test of Mechatronic Designs. 6th International Modelica Conference, Bielefeld, March 3 - 4, 2008, pp. 341 - 348, 2008.
PDF, 213 KB
Brückmann, Strenkert, Keller (Daimler AG); Wiesner, Junghanns (QTronic GmbH):
Model-based Development of a Dual-Clutch Transmission
using Rapid Prototyping and SiL.
International VDI Congress
Transmissions in Vehicles 2009, Friedrichshafen, Germany,
PDF, 2103 KB Presentation slides for the above paper.
- PDF, 781 KB A. Rink, E. Chrisofakis (Daimler AG); M. Tatar (QTronic): Automating Test of Control Software - Method for Automatic Test Generation. ATZelektronik 6/2009 Volume 4, pp. 24-27.
- PDF, 1120 KB N. Papakonstantinou, S. Klinger (GIF); M. Tatar (QTronic): Test-driven Development of DCT Control Software. 8th International CTI Symposium Innovative Automotive Transmissions, Berlin, 1 - 2.12.2009.
- PDF, 291 KB
Hilf, Matheis, Mauss, Rauh:
Automated Simulation of Scenarios to Guide the
Development of a Crosswind Stabilization Function.
6th IFAC Symposium on Advances in Automotive Control,
Munich, Germany, July 12 - 14, 2010.
The paper is also available from IFACPapersOnLine.
PDF, 1361 KB Presentation slides for the above paper.
- PDF, 1056 KB Case study on TestWeaver, appeared in: Transmission Technology International, issue 09/2011.
- PDF, 1290 KB M. Tatar, D. Neubert: Extensive Test of Heavy-Machinery ECU on a NI VeriStand HiL using TestWeaver. ITI Symposium, Dresden, 29.11.-01.12.2011.
- Download installers for TestWeaver.