Validation of Transmission
Control Software for ATs and DCTs
Daimler uses Silver and TestWeaver to develop and test all members of the 7G-Tronic and 9G-Tronic automatic transmissions. This process is used to for dual clutch transmissions as well. Key features of the development and test process:
- virtual TCUs built from generated Simulink/TargetLink code or from hand written code
- virtual TCUs simulated in closed loop with accurate powertrain models on Windows PC
- every software release: 24h test run on several PCs in parallel
- thousands of gearshifts generated and analyzed automatically
- coverage reports for: source code, functional requirements, operational states.
Anton Rink, Alexander Waiss: Silver and TestWeaver for function development for automatic transmissions. Slides presented at the QTronic User Conference 2018, October 18th 2018.
Tjark Kiefer, Ingo Matheis: Module Test in System Context, 10th Symposium on Automotive Powertrain Control Systems, 11. – 12.09.2014, Berlin, Germany.
S. Gloss, M. Slezak, A. Patzer: Validation of over 200 Transmission Variants on PC. ATZelektronik 04/2013.
E. Chrisofakis et. al.: Simulation-based development of automotive control software with Modelica. 8th International Modelica Conference, 20-22.03.2011, Dresden, Germany.
Slides for the above paper.
A. Rink, E. Chrisofakis, M. Tatar: Automating Test of Control Software – Method for Automatic Test Generation. ATZelektronik 6/2009 Volume 4, pp. 24-27.